Friday 22 May 2009

Thursday 21st May 2009

We got some ‘heavy rain’ not long after I started the twenty minute journey to our toddler group. I put the rain cover on but Ed wasn’t happy. I suppose having rain splayed vision takes away from the view. Fortunately, a long road we passed through had enough overhanging tree branches to provide shelter and I took his cover off.

When Ed made loud demands for a biscuit by jostling to the front of the queue, I tried to encourage him to queue patiently behind everyone else. Later, when he got irked over something, he would scurry from the room we were in, down the hall and to the tea counter. By now there was no queue. During biscuit therapy, it proved to be a difficult job to get him to say ‘please’.

In the afternoon, he reclined on the sofa, spent sporadic short periods in his bed and rested his head on a pouf. ‘Time for a nap’, I thought. I took him out in the buggy but he did enough to hold out against sleep. With the coming of age there are obviously going to be less and less naps, but it made for a fractious afternoon of behaviour from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment