Sunday 24 May 2009

Saturday 23rd May 2009

We had spent the afternoon at Mum-in-Law’s. Some Aunts and Uncles were visiting from Suffolk. The weather had been welcomingly sunny and Ed had a trial run out in his newly bought ‘lightweight’ travel buggy. It had been a long afternoon and he was ready for a rest. He grabbed his Mum’s wrist, and sought to lead her away saying the words ‘come on’. There’s no section in our Baby Record Book for noting the date he has said this – so for the record, this verbal coaxing was made at age two years, two months and ten days.

He fell asleep for the journey back but woke when we stopped at Handforth for a few shopping items. Being in the car in this hot weather was understandably not going to be to his likening. While waiting for our shoppers to return, I opened the windows and played my free CD of ‘The Tides’ then tuned into Loose Ends on Radio 4. He was still discernibly discontent. Hmm, I’m going to have to work on this. I got out his Iggle Piggle sketch pad, a somewhat babyish copy of ‘That’s not my Teddy’ and then, more winningly, some white chocolate milk buttons. I pointed out noticeable things from his back seat vantage point while hoping Mum and Aunt would return soon. They returned after forty minutes loaded down with shopping bags. Next time, I should be better prepared for scenarios like this, I thought. Either that, or volunteer myself to accomplish an altogether quicker bout bit of shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment