Tuesday 19 May 2009

Sunday 17th May 2009

I took Ed out in the afternoon as we went to buy some nappy bags. He fell asleep soon enough. Coming out of Asda, I was compelled to put the rain cover on Ed’s buggy. The rainfall got steadily heavier and, on the way back home, I was drawn to whatever bits of shelter that I could grab, including under some trees that towered over school railings. Opposite the school was a towerblock where some building improvements had been going on. A proportion of this was fenced off and some children at the adjacent school had helped in designing colourful safety posters which attached to the fencing and warned of the dangers of going too near this site. One such poster had fallen off, and a child’s efforts lay on the saturated pavement as the rain pounded away.

Conveniently, Ed woke up and chirped away as I entered the last part of our Close. I got in, removed my soaked jeans and dried and dried my hair in a towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment